SERVPRO and the Holidays
With the holiday season looming around the corner, the amount of house fires begin to increase. This is often due to cooking, space heaters, fireplaces/wood stoves, and decorations such as candles. These different factors play a huge part in the spike in house fires around the holidays. It is very important to take many precautions in order to prevent house fires. A few are as follows:
- Do not cook when you have been drinking or are very tired
- Plug space heaters directly into outlets and not into extension cords or power strips
- Have your fireplace/wood stove inspected every year and cleaned when needed
- Do not sleep with lit candles or put candles on your Christmas tree
Even though homeowners take many precautions, accidents do still happen. When disaster strikes, have a company on speed dial that you can trust. SERVPRO of West Pasco has highly trained technicians with the skills and equipment needed to be there in your time of need. We deal with many house fires around the holidays and have experience in all different circumstances and parts of the restoration process.